Our helpful guideline for when you need to claim
If you are involved in an accident, please do not panic! Below is a list of what to do, what not to do and steps you can take to expedite your claim.
- Call us on 0861 001 041 so we can assist you immediately or submit your claim online.
- Report the incident to the South African Police Services within 24 hours and obtain a copy of the accident report and incident number.
- Advise us of any potential loss within 30 days of the incident or your claim will not be paid.
- Provide us with the following information:
- The make, model and registration number of all the vehicles involved
- The full name and badge number of any police officers on the scene
- Allow anyone but us to arrange for the towing and storage of your car; you will have to pay any additional costs incurred if you do not make use of our towing and storage service.
- Make any admission that you were at fault to any party or make any payments which can be interpreted as an admission of fault.
- Drive the car if it is mechanically damaged or unsafe; you could cause further damage for which you will be personally liable or, even worse, put your safety at risk.
- Use your cellphone to take photographs at the accident scene of the following:
- Your car (overall photos and photos of the damage)
- Any other vehicle involved (overall photos and photos of the damage)
- Accident scene
- Position of the vehicles immediately after the accident
- Drivers’ licences
- Vehicle licences
- Write down the following details:
- Date and exact time of the accident
- Address where the accident happened, including the nearest crossroad
- Details of all the drivers and witnesses
- Full names
- ID numbers
- Cellphone, home and office numbers
- Residential address
- Place of employment